The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the reason for and extent to which your personal data will be processed when you visit our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the controller.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Name and address of the controller
Controller within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”) is:
FiBL Deutschland e.V.
Mailing Address: Postfach 90 01 63, 60441 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Premises: Kasseler Straße 1a, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tel.: +49 69 7137699-0,
Fax +49 69 7137699-9
Contact details of the data protection officer
Name: Ralf Fix, FiBL Projekte GmbH
Mailing Address: Postfach 90 01 63, 60441 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Tel.: +49 69 7137699-0
- According to the applicable laws, you have various rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to obtain confirmation and access
- Right to request rectification
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Right to request restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to withdraw the given consentIf you wish to assert these rights, please send your request by e-mail or by post to the address mentioned above.
- You also have the right of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data with us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). If you want to visit our website, we collect the following information that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure the stability, functionality and security of our website:
- our visited website
- used IP address
- date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- the amount of data transferred in bytes
- Website from which you accessed the site (source/reference)
- used browser
- the operating system used and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- The legal basis is our legitimate interest in ensuring a smooth connection setup and a comfortable use of the website as well as in the possibility to evaluate system security and stability and to pursue further administrative purposes in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The data will not be passed on or used in any other way.
Further functions and offers of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data, which we use to perform the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
- Furthermore, we inform you in the respective offer about a transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- If you send us enquiries via e-mail, your data will be stored for the purpose of answering the enquiry and in the event of follow-up questions. You will be required to provide your name and e-mail address. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and the technical administration. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Your data will be deleted when your inquiry has been finally clarified and if no statutory retention obligations oppose this.
- You can register for our seminars and events via our online registration service. For this purpose, unless otherwise stated in the general terms and conditions of the respective organizer, the following data marked as mandatory data must be entered: selected event, first name, surname, e-mail address, home address.We need this data to register your online application for the selected course and to enable your participation in the course. The provision of further, specifically marked data is voluntary and is used in order to optimize the seminar content and to be able to use further contact options with you.
- The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in offering you an online registration for our courses in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. The data will not be passed on to third parties or used in any other way.
- If you do not wish to register online, you can also contact us at the address given on the overview tab of the event to register for our seminars.
- As part of the registration service, you can voluntarily choose the option to release your data for the purpose of networking. Your details (first name, last name, organization, street, postcode, city, telephone, e-mail) will be recorded in a list of participants. Details regarding information, handling and publication of the list of participants are noted in the general terms and conditions of the respective organizer. Your data will be entered in the participant lists on the basis of your consent; the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. Your data will not be used for any other purpose than the compilation of participant lists. Consent to appear on the list is given separately for each event and can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
Integration of YouTube videos
- Our website includes videos from the platform www.youtube.com, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. In order to prevent data transfer before the videos are played, the videos are provided in extended data protection mode, i.e. no data about you as a user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in (2) will be transmitted. We have no further influence on this data transmission.
- By visiting our website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the technically required data: name and URL of the retrieved file, date and time of the retrieval, transferred data volume, notification of successful retrieval (HTTP response code), browser type and browser version, operating system, referrer URL (i.e. the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider will be sent to YouTube’s servers in the USA. If you also have a signed in Google Account, this information will be linked to the account. You have a right of objection against the creation of user profiles, which you must assert against YouTube.
- Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information about your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the US European Privacy Shield, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Twitter Button and Twitter Syndication
- We use on our website “Twitter Button”, a service provided by Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07 Ireland (hereinafter: “Twitter”). Twitter Button stores and processes information about your user behaviour on our website. Twitter Button uses, for example, cookies, i.e. small text files which are stored locally on your device and which enable an analysis of your user behaviour when visiting our website. Every time you visit our website, which is equipped with such a component, this component causes the browser you are using to download a corresponding representation of the component from Twitter. This process informs Twitter which specific page of our website is currently being visited. We have no influence on the data Twitter collects in this way, nor on the extent of the data collected by Twitter. As far as we know, Twitter collects the URL of the respective website accessed and the IP address of the user but does not use it for any other purposes than to display the Twitter component.
- Twitter messages from our Twitter account are also integrated on our pages through the Twitter service “Twitter Syndication”. By loading the page, it is possible that the browser sends personal data such as the IP address or cookies to the social services.
- We use Twitter Button and Twitter Syndication for marketing and optimization purposes, in particular to analyze the use of our Internet presence and to continuously improve individual functions and offers as well as the user experience. By statistically evaluating user behaviour we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. This is also our legitimate interest in the processing of the above information. The legal basis for use is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Twitter, headquartered in the USA, is certified for the US European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Further information from Twitter on data protection can be found on the following website: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
- The data generated by etracker on behalf of the provider of this website is processed and stored by etracker solely in Germany by commission of the provider of this website and is thus subject to the strict German and European data protection laws and standards. In this regard, etracker was independently checked, certified and awarded with the data protection seal of approval.
- The data processing is based on Art. 6 Section 1 lit f (legitimate interest) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is the optimisation of our online offer and our website. As the privacy of our visitors is very important to us, the data that may possibly allow a reference to an individual person, such as IP address, registration or device IDs, will be anonymised or pseudonymised as soon as possible. etracker does not use the data for any other purpose, combine it with other data or pass it on to third parties.
You can object to the outlined data processing at any time. Your objection has no disadvantageous consequences.
Objection and withdrawal against the processing of your data
- If you have consented to the processing of your data, it is possible at any time to withdraw this processing for the future. As a result, your data will no longer be processed for the agreed purpose.
- If your data are processed on the basis of a weighing of interests in accordance with the legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e or f GDPR, you can object to this if you have special reasons against processing the data.
- You also have the possibility to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing. Thus, your data will no longer be processed for the purpose of direct advertising.